Announcement: Novel Coronavirus (Covid-19)
Important information regarding policy and procedural changes.
Our team plans to support families during these difficult and uncertain times. In order to ensure the safety of those we serve and our staff, Fairchild Sons Funeral Home has implemented a number of policies to ensure the health and well-being of those who enter our facility. The CDC, New York State DOH and local health officials have recommended we limit attendance in the funeral home to 25 people at a time. Anyone entering the funeral home MUST wear a mask. We ask you to please be mindful of the situation, and we thank you for your patience as we work to safeguard the wellness of every guest.
We certainly understand the need for families to grieve and for others to support those that are grieving however, these are very precarious times and we feel that these guidelines must be adhered to. For those wishing to proceed with services for their loved ones, we will encourage private services with limited attendance while practicing social distancing.
* MASKS ARE REQUIRED WHEN ENTERING THE FUNERAL HOME AND MUST BE KEPT ON AT ALL TIMES*
- Pre-Arrangements will only be done via telephone.
- Social distancing is required and will be practiced to the best of our ability.
- Until further notice we will not be conducting traditional visitation hours.
- We suggest leaving a condolence on our website in lieu of in person.
- At a funeral, it is natural to greet others by shaking hands, hugging, and gathering close together. We are reminding everyone to be mindful and limit personal contact and give appropriate distance to others in attendance.
- All funeral home policy is in accordance with recommendations and orders of the Centers for Disease Control (CDC), NY State Health Department and all other necessary federal and state agencies.
We thank you for your patience as we work to safeguard the wellness of every guest.